Thursday, August 6, 2009

Writing a PhD dessertation

Almost a week has gone since I wrote the last post. As usual I've always been thinking about the study, but in the positive ways! My PhD dessertation has just been done yesterday. I'm very pleased that I've finished the writing. I've sent it out to some of the examiners already, except the external examiner, but the next step is the thesis defence. Some thoughts came up in my mind oneday and I thought I'd like to share with you guys here. Let's go ;)

The thought that came up in my mind was something about the language we use in writing a desserttation. My point of view is that people may think that a thesis could be easier done if we write in our own language, but I found it difficult in my own language. Strange! isn't it? You see my thesis has to be done in English, however I need to write in Thai for one page (the abstract). At first, when i started writing the thesis, I had a difficulty writing in my second language (English), but after writing for a while, I found it easier to write in English. Perhaps, a lot of technical terms I used, and also they are new in this field of research study. That's why I found it difficult to write in Thai since our community does not have the right word or even if they have, they do not have the word that is really suitable. And somehow I don't know whether it will be very worthwhile for people in this country as they hardly understand English :(. Well...it's just my concern, really!...however at least some people in similar field would get some ideas from the work I've accomplished.

Anyway i need to rush now...maybe i will come to review this post agin when i have time....let me know if anyone have some thoughts regarding this post.

No comments: