Monday, July 27, 2009

The story of a PhD Candidate: Episode II

It had been a busy time for me over the last few days. That's why I did not have time to post the second episode of these writing series. I had some good time during the weekend, but somehow I still had something in my mind - always thinking about my study . Never mind, as long as everything is going well .

Following the last post, I had proposed to talk about my PhD studying experience as well as all things regarding a PhD program, I was going to share some thoughts about studying in a PhD program - what does it look like?, why do we need to do a PhD? and so on. So now I'm hoping to go to some points I wanted to share.

Ready? All right, let's talk a bit about studying in a PhD program. Personally, I think that studying in a PhD is not just going to the class and learn everything you want, but it's rather about learning everything you like by your own. You may wonder now, I suspect. I don't disagree that we still need to learn in classes sometimes, but I don't think we can learn all information we really want there. So my point of view is that most of the time we spend during the PhD program is to learn things you like by yourself. This sounds a bit strange, isn't it? I guess, this might lead one's mind to think that why would we need to go to a class or a Uni then as you still need to do things on your own anyway? Yep...this is a good question, but don’t forget that we go to the Uni to get some other things while study too. Of course, the main purpose of the study is to get the degree, however it's more than that - what else, mate? Well, while we study, we do lots of things with friends and teachers. We learn many things from what we do together, including fun or serious times. All the thing we have experienced while studying are the great things we will never have again in life and this is the way of preparing us before working in the real world!

That's all for today I like to talk...in fact lots of things are still in my mind, but I don't have much energy and good feeling for writing tonight...so let's wait for another post in near future...surely I will come back to go to more details...so don't forget to come back, otherwise you will miss out the thing you will never be able to find anywhere else! hehehe...

It's nearly midnight now...so I have got to go to bed...Good night
M

No comments: